Your daily demeanour during late-breaking news, arriving events and a stories that will be talked about today:
1. TRUMP HEADS TO NRA CONVENTION IN ATLANTA
Gun control advocates contend they are prepared to rumble now that a president, a heavenly of a National Rifle Association, is in a Oval Office.
2. ARKANSAS COMPLETES SERIES OF EXECUTIONS
The state concludes an assertive fatal injection schedule, executing a fourth invalid in 8 days.
3. WHO WON’T SHOW THEIR HAND ON PUNITIVE NORTH KOREA ACTION
China has refused to endorse or repudiate U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson’s avowal that Beijing has threatened to levy uneven sanctions on Pyongyang if it conducts serve chief tests.
4. WHAT THE POPE IS SEEKING IN EGYPT
Francis aims to benefaction a joined Christian-Muslim front that repudiates assault committed in God’s name during his two-day outing to Cairo.
5. THE HOUSE WON’T VOTE ON A HEALTH BILL THIS WEEK
The preference deals a reversal to a White House, that has pressured congressional Republicans to pass a check by Saturday —Trump’s 100th day in office.
6. NEW NUMBERS ARE EXPECTED TO SHOW THE US ECONOMY SLOWED IN LAST QUARTER
But economists predict a pointy miscarry in a stream April-June entertain on a strength of plain pursuit growth, aloft consumer certainty and stock-market records.
7. A TRUMP TOWER IS FATED NOT TO RISE IN BALI
Trump’s classification is earnest that a initial review in Asia will have monumental views unaware a famed circuitously temple, though Bali’s tallness restrictions demarcate structures aloft than coconut palms — about 49 feet.
8. THE WAIT FOR A CALORIE COUNT ON THAT BURGER OR PIZZA MIGHT GET LONGER
New FDA manners to assistance people find out how many calories are in their grill dishes are set to go into outcome subsequent week. But they could be pushed behind if grocery stores, preference stores and pizza smoothness bondage get their way.
9. MEET NEW, HIGH-TECH METHODS IN THE FIGHT AGAINST INVASIVE SPECIES
Examples including a drudge that zaps and vacuums adult vicious lionfish in Bermuda, and a helicopter that pelts Guam’s trees with poison-baited passed mice to quarrel a starved brownish-red tree snake.
10. NFL TEAMS GO ON OFFENSIVE IN DRAFT
Despite defensive studs everywhere in pro football’s annual draft, teams went after descent talent, generally quarterbacks like North Carolina’s Mitchell Trubisky.